Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Thursday, 19 January 2012

The Last Season

The Last Season 
Picture by Whitebook @Deviantart 
It was the last great tree to grace the plains, 
Dying now from disease and lack of rain, 
No longer a sanctuary for songbirds to rest, 
Where they could feed their young, breed and nest,
No longer a refuge from the burning sun
For people who would stroll along just for fun. 

The tree held spiritual powers, 
Iconic in its environs,a natural tower. 
It had stood proud for years and years, 
In its existence and presence it,
Allayed the fears, 
That one day the world would start to die, 
The rivers would still ,cease, bone dry !
That land would shrivel hard and crack, 
The sun so hot ,scorching  torching   
All it touched no turning back 
Turning all to dust
Until it  explodes, combusts!
So the world becomes dark, black
No time left to turn the clock back.

It was the last great tree to grace the plains, 
Our world would never ever be the same again !


Submitted To : Bluebell Books Short Story Slam  who supplied the prompt




10 comments:

  1. I liked your immagry, thanks

    http://wanderwithoutbeinglost.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-only.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take, Kez! You took this to another place and another level! Nicely done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/dearest-john/

    ReplyDelete
  3. stark! hope it doesn't ever come to pass, but...who knows?
    nice job, here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with tinkwelborn.me, this was stark and kind of frightening to think about. I think that because you made it so vivid that's what kind of scared the poop out of me, but I must say that this poem was enjoyable to read. Keep writing and blessings to you.

    http://elizena-lovingmycreator.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sheila and tinkwelborn.me! Beautiful, Kez!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always I love it. I'm particularly fond of nature so I love when your work centers around it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am waiting in doctor's surgery with 7yo. I've read this to her once and now she wants me to do so again. Says it all, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it's gone, it's gone! What a sad thought. We really don't appreciate our existing world enough!

    ps.....I'm a follower, now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals