Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Friday 13 April 2012

13

13 

Today as I woke I was flooded with dread 
Last night was fine when I went to bed 
It was the twelfth, a Thursday night, 
Now today has dawned and I'm facing it in fright 
I've greeted crowing magpies with cheery smiles,
Manoeuvred around a ladder for almost a mile, 
Threw spilt salt behind me,
Right into my spouses eye, 
Whose constantly whinging,
And is now asking why ?
He's eyes are weeping and his feet are bare ?  
I've hidden his shoes under a chair,
For if he was able, 
To wind me up, he put them on a table 
For he has a self appointed mission, 
To disprove my many superstitions 
I just want to get through today 
Bid the thirteenth goodbye,
 Go away !

More about Popular Superstitions here >>> We Love This Book and Daily Fun For You  

4 comments:

  1. ha nice spin on the crazy day...i defied it...i traveled...had a great day...take that 13...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the day turned out fine Kez ~ hgs Lib ~ so lovely to see you ~ missed u ~ been really ill ~ just started nother round ~ eyes very hazy ~ sending love

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun romp through the "frightening" day. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your ability to rhyme with such flawless ease! Awesome entry for FWF! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals