Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Friday 6 July 2012

My Mountain


My Mountain 

He's always been like a mountain to me, 
Always there tall and strong, 
Forgiving me no matter what went wrong 
In his shadow was my haven, 
Even when naughty and misbehavin, 
In his arms he kept me 
Safe and sheltered from worldly harm. 

He's always been a mountain to me 
Allowed me to be me, be free, 
He's heard the moans of my strife
All through his life ,
I'm still in awe 
Though he knows me no more, 
Loving him is a joy not a chore 
The man mountain that is constant in my mind 
Remains with me still, 
Though now its harder to climb 
He'll always be my mountain, 

Submitted to Bluebell Book Short Story Slam where the picture was the prompt 






3 comments:

  1. Dear Average Lady,

    I loved the introduction of your blog and particularly this "Poetry is medication for the soul"..Word have been made to create beauty and communications, so let´s communicate.
    I read My mountain and for a while I felt a bit jelous of that missing feeling that I never had regarding a good strong dad, anyway I feel happy for those people who had have or will have a good father.
    Nice to meet you.
    A new follower, Eva.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals