Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Wednesday 18 July 2012

Raining Cats and Dogs

Raining Cats And Dogs 

The limitless, rhythmic, rain 
Constant,
Upon the window 
Splish, splashing, mesmerizing 
Me into daydreams
In it's hypnotic incessant, 
 Obese clouds idly wandering around 
Holding July hostage, 
Calling a halt to the glitter of sun 
Upon my dreams. 

A white cat staring out the window on a rainy day.

Wordle: Today's Weather
Please write a poem, a prose, or
 a short story using a minimum 5 or more words 
from the wordle shown above!

Submitted to Bluebell Books Short Story Slam where the Wordle above was the prompt 

4 comments:

  1. Challenge accepted.

    Ok, here you are my poem (please, take into account that English is not my native language but it´s one of the loves of my life!!!)
    I chose a meaning of halt that loved instantly and please, I need feedback on my grammar:



    AT A HALT

    I was there, sitting on a bench where the trains don´t run often, at a "halt",
    waiting for you and singing in the "rain".
    We were supposed to forget our "bitterish" past,
    willing to live our lives as we never did before.
    It was July and the good memories "glittered" in my head, memories that made me feel that love can be "limitless",
    I waited until the sun appeared after the rain and the hard hours passed
    Sitting at a halt.


    Crappy author @Evichipi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To @evichipi Fab Writer
      I thought this was lovely ,there is nothing wrong with the grammar, you underestimate yourself.Loved it, thank you so much for sharing it with me x x

      Delete
    2. Dear Kez,

      I love writing, I assume you can´t read Spanish so you can´t read my little writings. My fav genre is novel and short stories, I am not a poet but I can do poems as I have written songs before.
      I love literature, my friend!!

      Big kiss.

      Delete
  2. cute imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals