Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Sunday 15 July 2012

The Waiting Game

The Waiting Game 


She waited for you 
She watched the clock 
Slowly ticking, tick, tock 
She held hope in her heart 
This was her new start, 
The man of her dreams 
Or so you seemed 
She waited for you 
She thought one 
might become two 
Gin was her solace 
Alone in the darkness 
She waited for you 
Tear stained face 
At the thought of your embrace 
She had her dreams 
Of her ideal scene 
Her and you 
Just you two 
She waited !


Submitted to Magpie Tales  where the picture was used for a prompt 

18 comments:

  1. I hope she didn't wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope her waiting is not in vain ~ Enjoyed the visit ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. we both had similar thoughts on this one!!...pass the gin!!...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of life is comprised of waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this person worth waiting for? Not if they are very late. Thank you for sharing this, Kez. I enjoyed the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and how long do you wait...how long does hope last....waiting is the worst....at least for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this got me a little.I've been this women once to many times. well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if she's still there, still hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the wait materializes in her favor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We’ve all been there! Unless he’d been run over by a bus he’d better have a very good excuse - otherwise he’s just another selfish ‘person’. Well done for conjuring this feeling up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally, I would have made it scotch! Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. poignant my friend
    hope you are well
    thanks for your visit
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think (if I were her) she would still be waiting if she had to....great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate to this gal. I'm still waiting. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  15. done that for a long time... part two is my take... hehehe... nice write!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like he never showed. :-( hopefully someone better came along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A well written poem Kez! It sounds like your character has been hurt in the past, and is hoping that this guy will be her true soulmate and faithful. But your sad and moving words sounds like she may have picked a bad one, once again, who is leaving her in her dismal solitude. Hence the gin bottle for comfort. I think you told the story extremely well, and you can empathize with the character putting all her hopes into a dream of the perfect relationship, and how the reader wishes that she won't be left alone for too long. I think any guy who would leave a beautiful lady waiting, like the one in this picture, cannot be a real man at all. Let's hope she picks right, next time, and a happy ending ensures. Perhaps, an idea for a sequel poem! : ) Much Love Paul OXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals